- Riders must have a suitable and road worthy road bike to take part in the event.
- Electric Bikes are ONLY permitted on the ‘Short One’, (Short Route) See Guidelines below.
- We DO NOT allow the following bike types: BMX’s, Fat Bikes, Uni Cycle or fold up bikes.
- No Tri Bars either.
- Entry is open to anyone aged 18 or over.
- All riders must provide photographic proof of identity at sign on. No proof of identify will result no number or timing chip being provided.
- When arriving at the start line you must have you Helmet on and fastened. No Helmet = no ride!
- You accept that routes may be subject to last minute change due to unforeseen circumstances. i.e. Road closures.
- All 3 routes on offer incur the same entry fee, this allows you to change your route up to one week before registration at no extra cost. Please contact the event team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to change your route choice.
- You cannot change route in the week leading up to event day as we are preparing rider packs.
- You cannot change route on the day at registration.
- You must not change route whilst out on your chosen route, this is for your own safety and for the event team, so we know who is on which route.
Electric Bike Guidelines:
Ilkley Cycling Club who run this event have decided for 2023 to allow Electric bikes on the short route only. However, by allowing electric bikes on to the event the bike must conform to the following British Cycling requirements for sportive events.
Electrically Assisted Pedal Cycles (EAPCs)
Electric bikes that meet the following requirements can be entered:
- The bike must have pedals that can be used to propel it.
- The electric motor should not be able to propel the bike when it is travelling more than 25kph / 15.5mph the motor should not have a maximum power output of more than 250 watts.
It must also display one item from each of the following:
- The power output or manufacturer of the motor.
- The battery’s voltage or maximum speed of the bike.
Any form of e-bike that does not comply with the above (eg, ones with a “twist & go” throttle) are not permitted. In addition, riders using e-bikes are ineligible from any timed segments (eg timed hill climbs) that the event may include.
When submitting my entry, I have read and agreed to abide by the following declarations.
- You agree to abide by the British Cycling Regulations for non-competitive cycling events and understand and agree that you participate in this event entirely at my own risk, that you must rely on your own ability in dealing with all hazards, and that you must ride in a manner which is safe to yourself and others.
- You agree to follow the signed route, follow all instructions from event marshals at the start/finish line, at key points on route and at the feed stations. They are there for your safety.
- You agree the event is not a race and as the event is run on open roads, you agree to follow the highway code, respect fellow cyclists and road users, and that you must decide whether any maneuver is safe.
- You agree that no liability whatsoever shall attach to the promoter, promoting club/Organisation, event sponsor, British Cycling or any event official in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by yourself in or by reason of the event however caused. You will participate in this cycling event in a loyal and sporting manner.
The event is fully insured via event insurance supplied via British Cycling.
Once your entry is confirmed the White Rose Classic operate a ‘No refund’ policy should you not be able to attend the event. We offer the following options should you not able to attend:
- Transfer: You can transfer your entry to a friend/family member at no extra charge. To transfer your entry, you must notify us at least 5 days before the event takes place. If notification is within 5 days of the event this will at the discretion of the event team to determine if the transfer request can be processed in time.
- Defer: You can choose to defer your entry for 1 year, to defer you must notify us at least 1 week before the event, (for our 2023 event this will be by Sunday 25th June). After this date the only option is to transfer your entry to a friend/family member or if the event has sold out, we can allocate to someone on a waiting list and then refund your fee.
To transfer or defer please email: email@example.com
*Once an entry has been deferred you cannot defer again.
Event Cancellation: Should we need to cancel the event for any reason then in principle all entries will be carried forward to the following year. Contact will be made with entrants to confirm the reason for cancellation and if a refund is an option.
COVID-19: As an event we are obliged to follow any regulations set out by the local councils the routes travel through or at a national level – please abide by any signage we may have in place. These are for everyone’s safety and to make the event enjoyable for all.
Last updated on 4th February 2023